Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ouchies and age

So my physical luck lately has just been crummy! It's completely frustrating. I'm sitting here (well, kind of sitting... sideways on a pillow on my hip lol... i have to get creative) and my brain is going over all the things that I am not able to do while I'm stationary and at home. I'm thinking of all the things and the people I was dealing with at work before I left... I'm thinking of the things I needed to do on the days I was out... I just can't relax. Being out of work is setting me back in my goals and I'm not able to take care of the people I was working with. Unfortunately, it makes me feel guilty and like I'm not doing my part and I shouldn't make myself feel that way. I didn't plan on getting so sick Friday morning I would have been throwing up at work instead of home... and I didn't plan on breaking a bone and feeling such intense pain. Yet I beat myself up about how everyone around me will be disappointed in me. I actually thought about asking my doctor if I could leave straight from the appointment with my donut seat and go to work to prove that I am trying. She said NO... that I needed more than one day of total rest. I actually had a dream about it.  I really need to relax and not worry ... this kind of worry is not good for my heart... whatever will be will be!!

Well, I got back from the visit with my primary care doctor and she really wasn't able to tell me anything different than the ER doctor did but it's standard procedure to see your regular doctor to follow up.  In closing... she told me we are getting old. LOL. Great.  Oh. I realize I didn't get to tell you all how I broke my tail bone... I like to say I was shaking my tail feather but no... I was roller skating with the little kids! I've fallen a kazillion times in life... this time I landed right on the bone and cracked it! I instantly knew something was wrong. One of the worst pains I have felt.

I'm going to do my best to make my potato soup today. I purchased all the ingredients Sunday before I fell with every intention to make it for us on that gloomy cold day... as you can see.. that didn't happen! I think this will be a wonderful opportunity to teach the kids one of their favorite mom recipes!  They can do all the dirty work! :) I rented some movies from RedBox and got some Dove chocolate eggs.  It's going to be a nice evening at home. Just miss my honey. ( He's in Alabama for a child abuse conference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment